Tuesday 3 April 2007

New blog: Root Cause

Gratuitous picture of a self-seeded wallflower which is looking very pretty at the moment

In between potting up about 500 seed trays over the last couple of months I've been involved in the launch of a brand new blog. Entitled Root Cause, it's a joint effort between myself and Patrick at Bifurcated Carrots but the idea is for it to become a multi-contributor blog, so if you like the look of it and want to write something for us please get in touch. It's just gone live today with a post about perennial onions and will aim to cover a range of subjects broadly connected with biodiversity, self-sufficiency, heirloom and open-pollinated vegetables, plant breeding and local and home-made things.

In its early stages it will probably focus mainly on gardening, since that's what Patrick and I are mostly into and feel most qualified to write about, but we're hoping it will evolve into something different from our current blogs and involve more people (bloggers and non-bloggers) who feel they have something to say. Ideas, comments and suggestions are very welcome!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea. Will link on my blog.

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

Wallflowers are great to have in your garden and their scent is wonderful.

I see that you have been quite busy with all the seedlings and a new blog as well.

BTW on Bliss the second part of Surprise's story, I thought you might like to know.

Have a lovely Easter with lots of good weather!

A wildlife gardener said...

500 seed trays being potted up...my mind boggles! I thought I was doing well with about 100 pots each year...I do agree with your comments on the previous blog about biodiversity, as I am completely organic and don't seem to be bothered by all the 'pests'. My frogs, toads, hedgehogs, birds, bees etc help me a lot, I'm sure. Mine is a garden for wildlife...

Lan said...

Is this instead of 'Daughter of the Soil' or will you continue to add posts here?

Rebsie Fairholm said...

Thanks everyone!

Well I was kinda joking about the 500 seed trays ... I've never dared to count them!

Don't worry, Root Cause is very much an addition to my existing projects and I'll still be posting here as normal.

Unknown said...

Dash Tray is the company providing the best Couch tray table services in United States. Dash Tray is unique in that it is both robust enough to hold your belongings while still being extremely light. Dash Tray is foldable, just like other Tray Tables, but in a different way: it's so portable that you can fold it into a box and take it.